Friday 18 April 2014

An Adventure Begins - Owl Wood Journal

I can't give you the words
for they are still inside George's head,
but I can give you a peek 
at the next page of the journal.


The colours are less intense
than on the woodland scene
and the whole feel is light and bright.

Quite often our walks around the woodland
are taken with a full complement of animals,
as well as the children.

Normally the order runs like this -
Harry
Francesca
Grandpa/Gran
Toby Too
Bennie
Sparky
followed by the 3 hens ambling along after us.

It must look hilarious,
especially when Harry is dressed as a knight, or a pirate,
even funnier when we are...;-)

x


P.S.  Jonathan, Ming Ming - we'll call you tomorrow,
let me know what time is convenient
for you.
xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Grandchildren bring us opportunity to be children again. I rather liked the lion mask I wore while being chased by the “Little Terrorists”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfectly wonderful! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the wellies. The dragon will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my neighbours had a Goose which would accompany them on walks; it seems to have gone now. My last remaining hen (Richard) follows me like a shadow. Lovely drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elaine, that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day and Happy Easter. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you Elaine.
    Your book is coming along.. its exciting Elaine.
    Happy writing.
    val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Everyone, Sorry for not answering you individually - I have just emerged from a three-day migraine and, although I feel better, I don't feel very lively.
    Thank you for all your very kind comments. The paintings look awful on screen, but seem to sit very happily in the journal. The grandchildren are enjoying the process, especially as they get to choose what colour their clothes and Wellies should be in the paintings. Francesca, of course, always wants 'pink' or, alternatively, 'pink'...
    I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated and greatly enjoyed. x